Ceiling fans have increasingly become popular in today’s world. Most households have installed fans to help in controlling room temperature. These fans also help in the circulation of air within a house. There are various factors that need to be considered before installing these ceiling fans including:
1. The motor that drives a fan is the most important gadget within it. It enables the fan to rotate. This motor has to be energy efficient. The quality of a motor will determine how a fan will work.
The quality of a motor may affect how it heats up. Low-quality motors may heat up quickly and end up breaking down. Other motors may even produce a lot of noise when a fan is in operation. It is therefore very important for one to consider the quality of a fan’s motor before its installation.
2. The blades of a ceiling fan should be spread at around 15 degrees. This ensures that a fan maximizes on air movement and circulation. Ceiling fans that have blades whose angles are more than 15 degrees apart tend to consume more energy. They require more powerful motors to function.
3. Ceiling fans with energy star specifications are more energy efficient than traditional fans. They cut down on energy costs by up to 50 percent. They reduce costs that would have otherwise been spent on energy bills. However, these types of fans are more expensive than traditional ceiling fans.
4. Ceiling fans may at times come with integrated lights. These lights are incorporated within a fan. Light kits provide more flexibility since they can be detached from a ceiling fan. One should consider whether or not he or she wants integrated lights within a ceiling fan, a ceiling fan that comes with light kits or a standard ceiling fan.
5. The interior design of a house is of great importance. The style of a fan should be able to match the theme within the room in which it is installed. This blends with the decor of the room. It is not necessary for one to choose a white or black ceiling fan. The versatility of a ceiling fan can bring out the desired look that an individual requires.
6. Where a ceiling fan is going to be installed needs to be considered prior to its installation. High moisture levels within a room may require an all-weather ceiling fan. This fan is able to withstand damp locations. Its motor is also able to work efficiently within such conditions. It is usually moisture resistant.
7. The size of a room determines how powerful a fan should be. For a large room, a very powerful fan should be installed. Choosing a small fan for a large room will end up straining it. Air circulation will not happen as desired thereby affecting the room’s temperature. Smaller rooms may require less powerful ceiling fans.
8. A fan should never be installed less than 7 feet to the ground. The safety of people within a house needs to be prioritized. A fan that is at 9 feet above the ground enables better airflow. It is easier for air to circulate throughout a room when a ceiling fan is installed at 9 feet.
9. A good warranty should be considered before opting to install a ceiling fan. A lifetime warranty for a ceiling fan is the best option. Where this is not available, long warranties should be sort after. Warranties that provide home repair services do away with the hustle of disconnecting a breakdown fan. Specialities are able to visit an individual at his or her home and fix the fan.
There are many considerations that an individual has to consider before installing a ceiling fan. Ceiling fans are longterm investments and proper decisions should be made before installing them. All of these factors need to be considered before one installs a ceiling fan.